Students are required to write a research paper that will meet their teacher’s requirements. It is necessary to submit it before completing the degree.
Some students think that history research papers are boring and take a lot of time. However, if you pick a great research paper topic, you will easily create a successful paper.
Sometimes, the professors assign the research paper topic to students and make their topic-selection phase easy. However, some professors leave this choice on students and give them the freedom to pick the topic on their own.
Therefore, we gathered some interesting history research paper topics that you will use for your research paper. Continue reading this blog and pick the best one for your research paper.
What is a Good Topic for a History Research Paper?
When beginning a history project, novice college students may find defining a decent research topic difficult. It makes sense when dealing with significant historical projects that need discussion and debate.
When writing about a topic that hasn't been covered in class, begin by stating the author's purpose and main idea.
With an infinite variety of subjects to choose from, begin with the following:
- The topic is relevant and has a clear statement.
- Vague debates are eliminated, allowing the author to focus on a specific incident or subject.
- Prior research, as well as fact, is verified and bolstered by references.
- If significant historical events are mentioned, a chronology is included.
- The outline should include a thesis statement and structure.
- One concept, one paragraph rule is used to highlight important ideas and link them to the thesis statement.
In most circumstances, you must decide on a writing style while working on a research paper. It might be one of four styles: reflective, analytical, argumentative, or comparative.
It is critical because most college professors want to see your own involvement in the project. If you're having trouble selecting a style, consider consulting our low-cost research paper writers.
Tips to Find Good and Unique History Research Topics
If you want to reap the benefits of hard effort and good grades, don't be limited to what's most popular and simple. Make an effort to pick something unique, fascinating, and relatable so that your audience will feel inspired as well.
It should go without saying that writing history homework may be time-consuming and difficult, especially if there are chronology difficulties or key personalities involved. These tips will make the process easier.
- Begin by brainstorming possible research topics - Here's what it means: Take some rest and return to it later to see which ideas appeal to you the most. Similarly, if you have any thoughts or require more U.S. history research paper topics, please contact our writers and we will do all that we can to help.
- Conduct preliminary research on the chosen topic- Continue your research after you've selected good ideas to ensure that you can locate enough information and resources to back up crucial facts and concepts. Remember that proper citation aids in the prevention of plagiarism.
- Come up with a few thesis statements ahead of time - Because this is what makes the heart of any written task, come up with different variations of thesis as you go to make it easier to modify later when you've finished body paragraphs.
- Use trustworthy resources - Ensure that the sources on your list are from trusted sources or have been checked by your college professor, if necessary. Similarly, formatting standards are critical for good grades.
- Begin with an outline - This method of organization allows you to retain information logically and organized. In most situations, it should include an Introduction section with a Thesis Statement, three to five Body Paragraphs (one of which is a counter argument or opposing opinion), and a Conclusion.
History Research Paper Topics for Students
Here is a complete list of ancient history research paper topics for students. Have a detailed look to get a better idea.
History Research Paper Topics for Middle School Students
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper is to find a great topic. Some students spend days or weeks choosing the best topic for their research paper. With the help of a good topic, you will easily write the research paper on time without any difficulty.
Therefore, we compiled some good history research paper topics for your ease.
- What was the impact of the slave trade on the European economy?
- Ibsen’s plays and his role in establishing the new theater.
- How did the Ottoman Empire spread to the Middle East?
- The history of the industrial revolution in the world.
- The number of casualties the US suffered in the war
- The Cold War: Understanding its consequences in the whole world.
- Explore the history of the United Kingdom (UK).
- The process of abolition of slavery and its meaning for the world
- Nuclear weapons and their influence on the world military clashes
- The main reasons why so many Africans were moved to the U.S. as slaves.
History Research Paper Topics for High School Students
Most college students find history research paper assignments too challenging. It happens when you pick a difficult or dull research paper topic.
Here are some great history research paper topics that you will easily use for your assignments.
- The intersection of the civil rights movement and the LGBTQ rights movement.
- American foreign policy.
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- Discuss the outcome of the war and whether it was beneficial to the U.S.
- The exploration of space by different countries in the 20th century.
- The development of the Byzantine Empire.
- On the differences between the political agenda of the North and South.
- Impact over the world by the aftermath of the Chicano Movement.
- Native Americans cultures
- McKinley’s role for American imperialism.
History Research Paper Topics for College Students
The college students know that the topic plays a vital role in creating a successful research paper. Therefore, when you choose the topic, make sure that it is unique and easily write about it.
Use the following list of topics and pick the best one for your research paper.
- How did Mormons overcome the challenges they faced?
- The role of religion in westward expansion.
- American revolution history.
- What instigated the Civil War.
- The colonization of America.
- Historical background of the battle of Chancellorsville.
- African American women in art and literature.
- Why contributions of African-American soldiers during WW2 are still silenced.
- What impact had the underground railroad had on the civil war?
- What impact did the Negro Leagues have on baseball and society?
US History Research Paper Topics
Writing a research paper on US history requires a good topic and in-depth research skills. When you write on this topic, you will get several ideas, but it’s your choice that you pick the one that you can easily present in your paper.
The following are the topics for your help that you can use for your research paper.
- The San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906.
- The factors that led to the Great Depression in the late 1920s.
- The impact of the cold war on third world countries.
- The US (United States)- Mexican War in 1846.
- Discussion on the ways that slavery conflicted with revivalism.
- The economic development of the USA in the interwar period.
- Industrialization effects on American social movements.
- The role of lighthouses in Great Lakes maritime history
- What did France lose because of Louisiana’s purchase?
- How have taxes been introduced throughout USA history?
Art History Research Paper Topics
The history topics related to art seem interesting and easy to find. Therefore, when you write on this, understand the topic first and then start the writing phase.
Take a look at the below-mentioned list and pick the topic of your choice.
- Portraits of artists in Western European engraving of the 16-18th century.
- The origins of Greek theater.
- The connection between French caricatures of the 19th century and Goya’s prints.
- Discuss the development and rise of Cubism in the early 20th century.
- The world history and techniques used in printmaking.
- Examine the Petrarchan madrigals of the 16th century.
- What contributed to making Paris a center of art in the 20th century?
- Expressionists and their impact on modern art.
- Renaissance artists changed the world of art.
- Is the feminist movement vital for modern art?
History Research Paper Topics After 1877
History is a vast research area, but some students get stuck when choosing the topic for their research paper. Therefore, for your help, we collected a list of history topics. Pick wisely according to your interest and academic level for your research paper.
- What changes did women face in the 1920s?
- Discuss the Civil Rights Act 1964.
- What military roles did women play in World War II?
- The reasons for the invasion of Iraq after 9/11.
- The assassination of John Kennedy in 1963 and its consequences.
- The first 20 days of the Spanish civil war.
- What came after the discovery of oil in Persia in 1908?
- The 1973 oil crisis.
- What military roles did women play in World War II?
- The immigration of Irish in the 1940s.
European History Research Paper Topics
Many students are looking for research paper topics on European history to prepare a great paper. Sometimes, they struggle to find the research area because several European countries have unique cultures and backgrounds.
Therefore, here are some topics that will help you and give an idea to create your topic.
- Women in the renaissance.
- History of medieval Europe.
- Imperialism and colonialism.
- The emergence of the Byzantine Empire.
- Gender bias in England of the 17th century.
- How did the feudal system operate?
- Formation of the European Union.
- What was life like in Asian Soviet countries?
- What led to the rise of European liberalism?
- The merging of arts and sciences in Europe in the 17th – 18th centuries.
African American History Research Paper Topics
The African American is an extensive research area and an endless variety of topics to choose from. Therefore, when you choose the topic of this category, make sure that you select the interesting topic.
Below-given are some topics for your ease.
- Race and ethnicity.
- Origins of race.
- The black power movement.
- A debate on racial preference.
- The genre of black popular music.
- Race and freedom of speech.
- Minorities in a majority culture.
- Social justice.
- Religion in Black America.
- Environmental racism.
History Research Paper Topics World War 2
Some professors instruct students to write a research paper on World War 2. However, it is a very broad topic and contains a huge number of events and historical characters. Therefore, some students get confused and face problems in the topic-selection phase.
We gathered some topics that help in your topic-selection phase.
- The impact of the war on ordinary people.
- World War II in the Islamic world.
- Hong Kong and World War 2.
- Contribution of female personalities in World War 2.
- Economic cause in the second World War.
- Culture during the Second World War.
- The North African campaign.
- Operation cobra.
- Rights of African Americans and WW2.
- Black women in the military during World War 2.
History Research Paper Topics Philippines
The following are the topics that will be helpful for students who need to write about the Philippines.
- The origins of the name Philippines.
- Filipino history as a colonial resistance.
- Christian-Muslim relations in the Philippines
- History of the Philippines from different perspectives.
- The fundamentals of the barrio government system.
- Philippines economics of developing countries.
- US colonization of the Philippines.
- The consequences of Magellan’s murder.
- Death of Ferdinand Magellan.
- Trading with the Chinese.
History Research Paper Topics Before 1500
The history research topics before 1500 include ancient civilizations and the pre-modern era. Here are some topics for your ease.
- Great leaders of ancient Rome.
- The old kingdom of Egypt.
- What was the origin of Christianity?
- The Mongols and globalization.
- The early history of Franks.
- Abolition of slavery in the US.
- Global transformation.
- 1968 student revolts.
- Dutch and Flemish artists in Rome, 1500–1600.
- History of postmodernism.
History Research Paper Topics 1900s
The history research paper topics require proper research and accurate details. If you are looking for the topics, take a look at the below-mentioned topics for your paper.
- Queen Victoria died-World politics and the monarchy.
- Fast food in the early 1900s.
- Women’s identity.
- The construction of Panama.
- What was the role of women in the 1900s?
- Women years ago vs. women today.
- The Kodak Brownie camera.
- The origin of the guitar.
- Immigrants were coming to America.
- The first electric washing machine.
Ancient History Research Topics
- What were the causes of the fall of the Roman Empire?
- How did Ancient Greece influence the development of Western Civilization?
- What was life like for ordinary people in Ancient Rome?
- How did the Egyptian civilization influence subsequent cultures?
- What was the nature of warfare in Ancient Greece?
- What were the major political changes in Ancient Rome during its history?
- How did the geography of Ancient Greece influence its development?
- What was the role of religion in Ancient Rome?
- What were the major economic changes in Ancient Rome during its history?
- ?How did the art and architecture of Ancient Greece influence subsequent cultures?
Middle Ages Research Topics
- The fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of the middle ages.
- The feudal system and its impact on society.
- Religion in the middle ages.
- The Crusades and their impact on medieval Europe.
- Daily life in the middle ages.
- Art and architecture in the middle ages.
- The role of women in the middle ages.
- Medieval warfare and weapons.
- The black death and its impact on the middle ages.
- The decline of the feudal system in the late middle ages.
Modern History Research Topics
- The Cold War
- The rise and fall of the Soviet Union
- The history of the nuclear arms race
- The history of capitalism
- The history of communism
- The history of democracy
- The history of fascism
- The history of human rights
- The history of the Internet
- The history of terrorism
US Civil War Topics
- The Causes of the Civil War
- The Course of the Civil War
- Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War
- The Emancipation Proclamation and Slavery during the Civil War
- Women and the Civil War
- African Americans and the Civil War
- Reconstruction after the Civil War
- The Legacy of the Civil War
- The American Civil War in Popular Culture
- Debates Surrounding the Civil War
World History Research Paper Topics
- How did the Cold War shape the world?
- The fall of communism in Eastern Europe.
- The rise of China and its impact on the world.
- The history of the European Union.
- The History of the United Nations.
- The history of human rights.
- The history of the Holocaust.
- The history of terrorism.
- The history of the world economy.
- The history of migration.
French Revolution Research Topics
- The Causes of the French Revolution
- The Main Events of the French Revolution
- The Impact of the French Revolution
- Was the French Revolution a Success or Failure?
- The Role of Napoleon in the French Revolution
- The Significance of the Jacobin Club in the French Revolution
- The Significance of the storming of the Bastille
- The Reign of Terror – Was it Justified?
- The Aftermath of the French Revolution
- The Legacy of the French Revolution
Great Depression Research Topics
- The Great Depression: causes and effects
- The role of the government during the Great Depression
- Life during the Great Depression – how did people manage?
- The impact of the Great Depression on different sectors ( agriculture, industry etc)
- The Dust Bowl – one of the most devastating effects of the Great Depression
- The effect of the Great Depression on families and children
- The Great Depression and the New Deal
- The end of the Great Depression – what factors led to its recovery?
- The legacy of the Great Depression – did it have any positive outcomes?
- Compare and contrast the Great Depression and the current economic recession.
American Revolution Research Topics
- Causes of the American Revolution
- The Stamp Act and its impact on the Revolution
- The Boston Tea Party and its impact on the Revolution
- The Declaration of Independence and its impact on the Revolution
- The Battle of Bunker Hill and its impact on the Revolution
- The Battle of Lexington and Concord and its impact on the Revolution
- The Battle of Saratoga and its impact on the Revolution
- The Battle of Yorktown and its impact on the Revolution
- The Impact of the American Revolution on Slavery
- Women in the American Revolution
Industrial Revolution Research Topics
- The effect of the Industrial Revolution on the environment.
- The working conditions during the Industrial Revolution.
- The rise of factories and mass production during the Industrial Revolution.
- The impact of the Industrial Revolution on society and culture.
- The role of technology in the Industrial Revolution.
- The economic impact of the Industrial Revolution.
- The political impact of the Industrial Revolution.
- The social impact of the Industrial Revolution.
- The spread of the Industrial Revolution around the world.
- The legacy of the Industrial Revolution.
Now, you get several topics for your history research paper. However, you need professional writing help, consult MyPerfectWords.com. The best essay writer service that guides and assists you throughout the writing phase.
Our writing services offer the best paper writing services such as thesis writing, essay writing, research paper writing, etc.
So, place your order now and avail the best writing help from our expert writers.